I love using technology to keep my life organized! iGoogle lets me have all of my important resources in one, nice, neat location.
Here’s a screenshot of my home page.
- I’ve included my YouTube channel – PacadaVision. This gives me instant access to all of the videos that I have created and shared.
- YouTube Search is there for the times I need a quick tutorial, or just a break from all of this work.
- I’m very excited about my brand new Twitter account! I never really saw the point of it before, but now I am using it to get the latest news on the Golden State Warriors & to stay up to date with the latest educational technology news. I’ve even created my first tweet about how I use Whole Brain Teaching and technology in my classroom.
- I have to admit that Facebook isn’t my favorite thing, but I have linked my Facebook account on this page. I’ve been inactive on Facebook for almost 3 years now, but maybe iGoogle will help me get back into the Facebook loop again.
- Lastly, I have Inspirational Quotes & Pictures. I added this just for fun.
Here’s a screenshot of my FSO/AR page. These are the necessary links for Full Sail Online & my Action Research project.
- Google/Emails: links to my Google pages, iCloud account, FSO mentor site, and Lynda.com
- Action Research Links: helpful links for my literature review and upkeep of my WordPress AR page
- FSO: so far I just have a link to the FSO login page.
My last page is my resource page.
- Daily Language Arts Printables, Grade 5 gives me access to new writing ideas. Even though I teach 4th grade, I’ve found that the lessons are appropriate for my students.
- Google Reader is another resource that is helping me stay up to date on education and technology.
- Google Docs gadget will allow me to view all of the docs that I’ve been invited to share.
- Lynda.com Training links will take me straight to the tutorials for the programs that I’ve been using the most.
- ETC Resources links are all of the relevant links for my current Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture class.
- Blogs to Follow will lead me to the blogs of my classmates that I am currently following.
- Other Resources gives me links to my favorite educational technology resources.
- Flicker gadget allows me to do a quick search when I’m in need of a copyright compliant picture for one of my projects.
I’m excited about using my iGoogle page to keep me connected to all of the things that I truly love. As I continue to learn more and more about technology, I’m starting to see new doors in my life slowly starting to open. I’ve never been more excited about possibilities of a better future.