Creating this PacadaVision blog got me thinking, what if I started my own classroom blog to get my students excited about writing?
Watch this video as I navigate my way through kidblog.org.
- Teacher sets up class usernames and passwords
- Teacher has control over what gets posted
- Teacher can block outside visitors from leaving comments
- Teacher upload library is available for students to pull media from
- Teacher can select certain students to become a moderator
- The moderator can be in charge of approving comments & posts
- This site is FREE and easy to use!
- Teach students how to compose appropriate comments to my posts
- Come up with a student created rubric for scoring and grading comments
- Teach students to create their own posts
- Come up with a student created rubric for scoring and grading blog posts
- Teach students about appropriate comments when responding to classmates’ posts
- Teach selected students about the moderator role
Goal for my students:
I want my students to know about the seriousness of publishing their absolute best work on the internet. By being able to read and respond to their classmates’ writing, I want to motivate and encourage my students to be come the most creative and best writers that they can be. It can even be a way to have my students to continue to write over the summer break. I can’t wait to start using this in my class this week!